Why Rent from Stegner Property Management?
Here at Stegner Property Management we genuinely care about our tenants. We are easy to get in touch with and we respond quickly to issues and questions. We have all been renters at one time or another and have a complete understanding of where you are coming from.
We only rent clean quality properties, nothing worse than moving into a dirty property. The carpets are cleaned professionally along with the property be cleaned and sanitized and the locks are re-keyed. We look after your health, safety and comfort by keeping the property up to code regarding all health and safety standards.
Pay Your Rent Online
Did you know that you can now pay your rent online? It's fast, easy, and secure, so why wait? Below, you'll find some information on how to get started and a few reasons why so many others have already made the switch!
Don't have an account?
It's easy! Just let us know you want to pay your rent online and we'll email you an account activation link.Get Started
Already have an account?
Click the button below to be taken to the Tenant Portal login page.Log In
Once you've signed up, you can:
- View and pay your bills anytime (24/7)
- View and pay your bills from anywhere (any computer with an internet connection)
- Set up an automatic payment
- Sign up for automatic reminder emails
- Review your payment history
Have you ever looked at a calendar and suddenly realized that your rent was due that day? Or worse yet, that it was due a few days ago and that it was now late? With online rent payments, these concerns are a thing of the past. Simply hop on your computer and in just a few minutes, your rent is paid! Or remove all doubt and schedule a payment in advance so your rent is paid automatically. And this is in addition to not having to write checks, address envelopes, or find/buy stamps...
In a world where online financial predators seem more and more common, we understand if you have reservations about entering your bank account information online. But fear not! Your information is password protected and all transactions are both encrypted and securely transmitted.
Before completing the following maintenance request form, please read the trouble shooting guide below. Completing these steps can save you time and money! Tenants may be charged for a service call if the service person determines that the tenant failed to perform routine maintenance task as outlined below:
- No power to plugs or switches: Check and reset breaker panel. Check and reset all GFI (Ground Fault Indicator) outlets (located in kitchen, bathrooms, utility rooms, and garages). Check if plug works off a wall switch.
- Garbage disposal doesn't work: When on, do you hear a buzz? If you do not hear a buzz, hit the reset button on the bottom of the disposal and test. If you hear a buzz, turn off disposal and unplug from wall. Mounted on the side of the disposal or side of cabinet may be an Allen Wrench. Put the wrench in the center shaft and gently twist back and forth (this un-jams the disposal). Remove the object that is causing the obstruction, turn back on, and test.
- No hot water: Check and reset breaker in power panel.
- Toilet is plugged: Plunge and test.
- No heat: Check thermostat. Check that furnace covers are in properly. Check furnace filter to see if it is dirty. Did you pay your utilities on time or issue an order to disconnect the utility?
- Dishwasher won't drain: Clean food out of bottom of dishwasher. Clean drain line between dishwasher and garbage disposal.
- Dishwasher grinds or no water is coming in: Turn off, if no water is on the bottom pour two large glasses of water into the bottom and re-start. If problem continues, call us and discontinue use.
- Refrigerator too warm or too cold: Check if thermostat in refrigerator is set correctly. Clean lint from filters. If after hours dry ice in the refrigerator may keep you food cold until we can have it looked at.
- No Air conditioning: (For refrigerated air only) Check all circuit breakers. Clean and replace filter and test.
- No electricity: Check all breakers, flip them hard to the OFF position and then hard to the ON position.
- Smoke Detectors won't work when tested: Press the test button or test with approved smoke detector smoke spray, replace battery.
- Smoke Detector beeps: replace battery.
- Plumbing or fixtures leak: Turn off water fixture, turn off water at supply line and call us at our emergency maintenance number right away at 970-420-2191 Extension 6 or 7.
If this is an emergency involving a water related issue, please "Shut Off/Turn Off" the water at the main shut off or local shut off and notify us immediately.If this is an after hours EMERGENCY call 970-420-2191 Extension 6 or 7. If this is a gas or electric emergency, contact Xcel at:
Electric Emergency/Power Outage 1-800-895-1999
Gas Emergency/Gas Odor 1-800-895-2999
Submit a Maintenance Request
RENTAL APPLICATION GUIDELINES
FAIR HOUSING - Stegner Property Management strictly abides by the Federal Fair Housing Act, Colorado Fair housing law and principles of equal opportunity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, familial status, sexual orientation, or gender identity/expression.
The very first step is to get in touch with us to set up a time to take a look. Often, we'll need to give our current residents 24 hours notice before we show the property. Our normal hours for showing properties are 9am-5pm Monday through Friday. We can also do showings on Saturdays and sometimes on Sunday by appointment. All properties are leased on a first come first served basis - take a look at the next step to learn how to snag the property you are interested in.
After you've seen the property and you decide you'd like to rent it, the next step is submitting an application, which the leasing assistant should have on site. Applications are also available at our office as well as through our website. Please note that we will not accept an application from you until you, or a representative for you has looked at the property. Also we would like you to view our standard lease before submitting an application. You can either pick one up at our office or we would be happy to email you a sample of the lease. Applications are always processed on a first come first serve basis.
We look at three main areas when processing an application:
· Housing references
· Employment & income
Current & former landlords will be contacted for information regarding
· Any history of damage to property
· Violations of lease terms
· Balances left on accounts
Mortgage info will appear on the credit report and will be used. The housing references are a huge part of your final score, so if you have not leased a property before, or have only leased one property for less than three years, we will likely require either a co-signer or a double deposit if approved.
EMPLOYMENT & INCOME
To lease without restriction, EACH applicant must gross at least (2) two times the amount of the TOTAL rent with a current job. If this is not the case, we will require a co-signer or possibly a double deposit if approved. Current employers will be contacted to verify employment & income. Self-employed people will be required to provide tax returns to document income.
We use Appfolio to run our background & credit checks. We then use the below application form and scoring system when processing an application:
In order for someone to qualify as a co-signer, this person would need to be a family member as well as a property owner with a minimum of a 650 FICO Score/Transunion. They are guaranteeing that the rent will be paid in a timely manner and all covenants of the lease will be followed. They would need to submit a Co-Signer Application & Agreement form.
The normal security deposit is the same amount as one month's rent. The double deposit is simply twice that amount. It is fully refundable depending on damages, minus carpet cleaning and lock change fee at “cost of service”.
We are also unable to approve an applicant that has been evicted from a property within the last 5 years or has left still owing a previous landlord money.
Stegner Property Management reserves the right to deny any applicant that does not meet the minimum qualification standards.